Hack For More
WEEK XXXXX: Drinking Game
Written by the Hack For More gang as a group, operating under the principle of collective responsibility and it was all Laura's idea so blame her
We did game this past week, but almost immediately afterwards, I came down with a temperature of a hundred-and-two degrees, which knocked me out of comission more effectively than a brick to the temple.
Fortunately, the group came to the rescue with the Hack For More Drinking game. Now you can follow along with our adventures in the comfort of your own home. It's best if played with a glass of soda (official rules use Dr. Pepper) because otherwise, you'll lapse into an alcholic coma and die. Ladies and gentleman, without further ado, the game:
- Anytime Ed makes a Family Guy reference. Take an extra sip if Ed doesn't immediately repeat in full an entire scene of Family Guy that someone else quoted from.
- Anytime anyone makes a Star Wars/Battlestar Galactica/Star Trek/Farscape reference.
- Anytime Erich makes a Muppets reference. Take an extra sip if he talks in the Kermit voice or insists on doing a Pepe the Prawn impression.
- Anytime Seth and Ed disagree on which member-nation of the United Kingdom is best.
- Anytime Seth intimidates Ed intellectually by knowing more than him.
- Anytime Seth's wife calls asking when he'll be home.
- Anytime nobody's quite satisfied with the pizza.
- Anytime two PCs interact in a manner that leads one to believe the players are on LSD.
- Anytime Ed goes for the cheap laugh over plot in a session.
- Anytime Laura falls asleep.
- Anytime Erich takes a sex joke too far.
- If Ed's really excited about the following week based on the events of the current session. Take an extra sip if his excitement is justified.
- If Erich discusses '80s rock music.
- If Seth gets deep into linguistic theory.
- If Laura's character has an integral part in the plot.
- If Erich's character doesn't have an integral part in the plot.
- If Erich buys a rulebook or supplement against his better judgement.
- If the group denies that Erich has a girlfriend.
- (For column readers only) If HFM goes for a month without a filler column.
- If Ed has a preplanned adventure ready to go. Empty a second glass if all goes according to plan.
- If the group doesn't kill any NPCs.
- If everybody gets started by seven. Empty another glass if everybody's still having fun by ten.