Traps & Treachery
Traps & Treachery is the definitive resource for traps, puzzles, mazes, and other tricks for d20 System fantasy games. Along with complete descriptions and beautiful illustrations of dozens of traps and puzzles, Traps & Treachery includes:
- A section on trap design and classification that organizes and streamlines the process of designing new traps and integrating them into your adventures.
- New prestige classes, including the trapmaster, roofrunner, and discreet companion. There is also a new NPC class, the thug.
- New skills, such as mimic voice and urban lore.
- New feats, such as craft magic trap, improvise thieves’ tools, and brew poison.
- New equipment and magic items, such as night drops, an alchemical substance that temporarily grants the user darkvision.
- A section on new clerical domains, such as Thievery, and new divine and arcane spells, such as true filch and perfect crime.
- Comprehensive rules for creating and using poisons. This section also lists new poisons, including supernatural ones.
- Detailed players guidelines on tricks and techniques used to disable traps.
- A comprehensive section on designing, developing, and integrating thieves’ guilds into your campaign.
- More than 60 complete descriptions of both magic and mechanical traps, all beautifully illustrated.
- A chapter detailing a variety of puzzles with which to confound your players, including logic puzzles, math puzzles, word puzzles, and chess puzzles, as well as physical challenges and obstacles to test your players’ characters.
Traps & Treachery is a 176-page hardcover book and retails for $24.95. It ships in July 2001, so stay alert and watch where you step!
Mock up of the Traps & Treachery interior.
'd20 System' and the d20 System logo are Trademarks owned by Wizards of the Coast and are used by permission.